NEWSLETTER SIGN UPSign Up for Email Updates!
Trinitas Cellars Blog
Welcome to the Trinitas Cellars Blog! We hope you join us for frequent updates on our vineyards, production, tasting room and wine education.
I love baking for Trinitas accounts in San Diego and look forward to the holidays when I can venture out of my normal chocolate chip cookie routine and get more festive for the holiday season. This morning I was in a bit of a rush but wanted to make sure to bring my accounts a little holiday cheer before Thanksgiving. I decided to make Acorn cookies which are easy and delicious and are a great idea to bring to a holiday party, especially because they pair so well with Trinitas wine!
- Miniature Nutter Butter Cookies
- Hersheys Chocolate Kisses
- Chocolate Chips
- Directions: First microwave the Hershey's kisses for thirty seconds and then place the kisses on top of the miniature nutter butters. Wait for the Hershey kisses to melt onto the nutter butter and then microwave the chocolate chips for thirty seconds and place them on the other side of the nutter butter. Once the chocolate chips and Hershey kisses have melted onto the nutter butter then you are ready to enjoy the acorn cookies!
The acorn cookies pair well with Trinitas Petite Sirah and Mendocino Zinfandel. The Petite Sirah flavors of holiday spice and cinnamon taste delicious with the Hershey kiss, especially if it is dark chocolate. The flavors of lush Mendocino fruit and chocolate reduction sauce in the Zinfandel compliments the salty peanut butter in the nutter butter.
From all of us at Trinitas, we hope that you have a happy and healthy holiday season and get the chance to bring acorn cookies to a holiday party!
Halloween. Ghosts and goblins, witches and costumes, candy and …. wine? Yes, wine! Halloween isn’t just for kids anymore. Whether you are looking to give a new twist to your frightful adult bash or want to liven up your tasting group meeting, try wine and Halloween candy pairings. The options are endless but we’ve included a a short list of what we are pairing with our current wines.
Pairings with Trinitas Cellars Wines
2011 Apprentice Chardonnay with milk chocolate with orange
2010 Proprietor’s Reserve or 2011 Carneros Chardonnay with Butterfinger or buttered popcorn
2012 Rose’ary with Skittles (the red ones) or strawberry poprocks
2010 Mysterium with KitKat Bars
2010 Pinot Noir with a Milky Way (beware of this one as you may become addicted!)
2009 Old Vine Mendocino Zinfandel or 2008 RatZinger with Red Vines
2007 Cabernet Sauvigon with Dark Chocolate with Chili (it may sound weird, but the chili in the chocolate is enhanced by the tannis and makes the Cabernet taste sweeter).
2010 Petite Sirah with Dark chocolate with black currant (talk about opulent).
2010 Moscato with traditional Candy Corn
I picked the 2009 Old Vine Zinfandel Mendocino for the soft sweet characteristics within our Zinfandel collection. The powerful Bing cherry, raspberry and sweet plum entice my palate with these delightful fruit forward sensations.
Ayed’s wine of the week is the 2011 Sauvignon Blanc from Napa Valley. Ayed particularly loves the 2011 Sauvignon Blanc for its strong citrus essence and slight orange blossom fragrance. This varietal reminds Ayed of the closing summer season in the beautiful Napa Valley and the start of our breath-taking autumn.
The featured wine of the week is our 2010 Mysterium. Our tasting room associate, Bekah Allen, chose this red wine blend for the powerful taste of dark cherries and subtle smoky notes. As a Midwest native, this blend reminds Bekah of camping with her family and hosting dinner parties based around Chicago farmer’s market produce.
August 13, 2014
July 17, 2014
July 2, 2014
June 27, 2014
June 12, 2014
June 5, 2014
June 5, 2014
May 1, 2014
April 29, 2014
April 23, 2014
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (6)
- March 2014 (7)
- February 2014 (13)
- January 2014 (4)
- Bekah Allen, Tasting Room Assistant Manager (2)
- Betsy Busch, Project Manager (14)
- Garrett Busch, Proprietor (13)
- June Busch, Trinitas Wine Dog (3)
- Lamar Engel, Tasting Room Manager (7)
- Lucy Garibay, Wine Society Coordinator (3)
- Kevin Mills, Winemaker (2)
- Brianna Pickens, Wine Society Assistant (5)
- Mark Plasch, Orange County Sales Manager (1)
- Trinitas Tasting Room (8)
- Ed Roudebush, Tasting Room (2)
- Kelly Wilkinson, San Diego Sales Manager (1)
- Ashley Younger, Tasting Room (2)