NEWSLETTER SIGN UPSign Up for Email Updates!
Library Wine: 2007 Old Vine Cuvee
2007 Old Vine Cuvee
This past weekend, we dug deep into the cellar and pulled out a bottle of our 2007 Old Vine Cuvee. This was a special treat and provided a special treat to share with family while sitting around the fireplace sharing stories. What is Old Vine Cuvee? It seems a little strange, since you don't see "Old Vine Cuvee" on our labels anymore, but Old Vine Cuvee is actually the old name for our more well-known "Mysterium" red blend. This library wine has a special place in my heart since I particularly love the Mysterium wines, especially the current 2010 vintage.
2007 was a great year of the Old Vine Cuvee, and the blend was similar to the 2009 Mysterium vintage with 48% Zinfandel, 39% Carignane, 7% Petite Sirah, 5% Alicante Bouschet and 1% Black Malvasia.
I'm hoping that I can dig out a few more bottles of this in the next few months, and at the same time, stash away a few bottles of the 2010 Mysterium to enjoy a couple years from now.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
March 9, 2014
February 23, 2014
February 18, 2014
February 17, 2014
February 14, 2014
February 13, 2014
February 12, 2014
February 11, 2014
February 5, 2014
February 5, 2014
- Bekah Allen, Tasting Room Assistant Manager (1)
- Garrett Busch, Proprietor (7)
- June Busch, Trinitas Wine Dog (3)
- Lamar Engel, Tasting Room Manager (5)
- Lucy Garibay, Wine Society Coordinator (3)
- Kevin Mills, Winemaker (1)
- Betsy O'Neill, Project Manager (10)
- Brianna Pickens, Wine Society Assistant (4)
- Trinitas Tasting Room (5)
- Ed Roudebush, Tasting Room (1)
- Kelly Wilkinson, San Diego Sales Manager (1)
- Ashley Younger, Tasting Room (2)