To apply and for general employment inquiries, please contact Elisa Sherburne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinitas Cellars is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Trinitas Cellars General Manager | Napa
The General Manager position is a newly created role, located in Napa Valley and will be charged with leading Trinitas Cellars to the next level of growth. Being a small-production winery with a wide selection, the Trinitas family loves to connect with visitors and find wines that will be loved for years to come. More often than not, people leave Trinitas Cellars feeling part of the family and future history of the winery - and they are. Trinitas Cellars is also a proud member of the Meritage Collection of properties. The Meritage Collection is a luxury hotel collection with a new, reimagined experience that offers a variety of distinctive properties in renowned destinations. Being part of the Meritage Collection, Trinitas Cellars has the unique opportunity to leverage a deeper customer experience across the portfolio of properties.
The General Manager will lead and manage the overall operational aspects of the winery working with the executive team to increase sales and financial goals, accomplish all strategic initiatives and inspire all employees to achieve their goals and deliver the ultimate customer experience. The General Manager position requires demonstrated success in retail sales, employee management, financial management, and operational policy formation as well as knowledge of the legal aspects of running a winery including federal and state government reporting responsibilities and compliance. The GM will provide exemplary leadership, creating a culture based on our core values and embracing the management philosophy of Market Based Management (MBM). The GM position will report to the CEO.
The General Manager will be responsible through its managers for all Accounting, Compliance, Marketing and Retail Sales Operations including tasting room operations, wine club, direct to consumer sales and Production, including a future custom crush operation. Specifically the General Managers responsibilities include:
- Work with the CEO, executive team to develop annual strategic plans
- Work with the head of Finance and team to develop annual budgets, cash flow forecasts and performance goals to improve sales and profitability and control costs
- Develop annual Marketing and Sales plans, implementing key metrics and reporting to increase sales and profitability for DTC
- Develop plans and key metrics to insure the ultimate customer service experience and retention of wine club members.
- Drive an outstanding service culture throughout the winery
- Manage the winery production process, along with future custom crush business
- Maintain high product and customer experience standards
- Oversell the hiring and firing of all winery management and staff to achieve optimal performance and engagement at all levels
- Proactively resolve any actual and potential employee relations issues and or problems and maintain compliance with all federal state regulations concerning employment and adherence to Employee Handbook
- Manage all compliance and licensing requirements to comply with all State and Federal Liquor laws
- Drives safety and security management
- Maintain open line of communication with all working associates, all managers, and executive team members
- Minimum 3-5 years of senior management experience and proven success as General Manager at a full service winery including wine production and hospitality and wine sales
- Strong leadership and communication skills with an emphasis in team building, problem solving and results orientation
- Ability to formulate a plan for long-term success and gain support for the vision and implementation of the plan
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the daily operations of the winery
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency
- Ability to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, sales and marketing, and profit/financial control
- Solid financial acumen
- Strong wine knowledge
- Excellent analytical and creative skills with attention to detail with effective time and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of local market
- Ability to travel to promote sales and attend Wine Industry Events
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, internet Use and Outlook and preferably knowledge of Vin65/Wine Direct software.
The General Manager is a full time salaried position including Health, Vision and Dental insurance with paid time off. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive in the industry.
Tasting Room Manager
The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for leading the team on both daily operational functions while also focusing on the financial, promotional and club acquisitions targets and achieving all metrics of the Trinitas Cellars Tasting Room. S/he will guide the team to create excellence in guest service, while driving for results and achieving maximum performance across all areas of the Tasting Room. The Tasting Room Manager will report to the Direct to Consumer Director with collaborative supervision from the Proprietor & CEO.
- Responsible for achieving monthly and annual tasting room sales, revenue and club acquisition goals. Also, other defined metrics that will be reviewed and provided (AOV, etc.).
- Provide leadership, direction and information to staff to foster a productive, efficient and positive work environment. Model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff.
- Tasting room staff management. Responsibilities include training employees, employee scheduling, managing and mitigating overtime, assigning/directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts.
- Ensure staff is trained on appropriate sales techniques, current promotions, club offerings.
- Educate staff with the latest information regarding wines, new releases, product availability, awards, press reviews.
- Manage wine and merchandise inventory, communicate ordering needs within timeline for replenishment, invoice processing, etc. to ensure check and balances and to stay within budget.
- Maintain strong communication with winery owners and management team related to the tasting room goals and objectives.
- Monitor daily sales goals, visitor volume and revenues through budget preparation and review.
- Develop and oversee customer service procedures, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system, safety, and housekeeping. Ensure standard operating procedures are established and maintained.
- Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times; ensure that displays of wine and non-wine products in tasting room are attractive and maintained.
- Ensure all necessary supplies for tasting room operation are sourced and purchased.
- Actively assist in ongoing marketing efforts.
- Develop incentives, sales promotions weekly that help drive additional incremental sales and Wine Club Acquisitions.
- Work the tasting bar and Library with the tasting room team.
- Delegate tasks to the tasting room team to ensure efficient and speedy completion.
- Schedule and lead weekly staff meetings in collaboration with the Asssitant Tasting Room Manager and the Director of Direct to Consumer. Attend hotel weekly meetings as assigned.
- Ongoing training of current staff members, hiring of new team members and disciplinary management of all team members. Consult with Human Resources for support as needed.
- Monitoring, coaching and training to ensure all team members' maximum performance is achieved.
- Attend DTC Management Team Meetings and collaborate on Team Projects.
- In partnership with the Experience Manager continually communicate with the hotel (concierges, front desk, pertinent managers, marketing manager, etc.) and keep them up to date with what is going on in tasting room, what offerings and specials we have, and continually making sure they are referring business.
- Assist with executing the Group Business. This would include set-up, staffing and sales at the event.
- Driving additional guest traffic to our Library and other experiences to increase our total visitor count. Manage the team to ensure they are all trained on the experiences and are able to sell to the expected AOV for the experience.
- Host, execute on all tasting staff on all experiences. Be able to lead all experiences individually.
- Manage merchandising ordering, display, inventory levels and sales performance.
- Cross-training of all team members to assist and support other departments (Wine Club, Marketing, etc.) as needed.
- Partner with the Experience Manager role to assist with hosting visitors, communicating with staff about the referral programs and develop offerings together to benefit the business, provide a high level of customer experiences and make them executable for the team.
- Other related projects as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a managerial role is required; those with winery, restaurant or hotel experience will be preferred. Prior sales experience is highly desired.
- Must have prior experience leading a team; must be able to demonstrate a prior track record of achieving goals and developing motivational plans for staff to achieve sales goals.
- Superior wine knowledge is required.
- Must be computer proficient with expertise in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; prior experience with POS and inventory systems is required.
- Prior exposure with marketing, merchandising, budgeting, and forecasting required.
- High energy; able to physically work in an environment where you are standing/walking for several hours at a time.Physically able to lift in excess of 50+/- lbs.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English required. Those with additional language abilities will be preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age to work in the tasting room per California law.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to reasonably alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act by providing all reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct questions and requests for accommodation to the Team Member Services Manager or Director on site.
Trinitas Cellars and The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity M/F/V/D and E-verify employer.
Click here to apply for this position.
Tasting Room Sales Associate
Responsible for generating wines sales, club memberships and customer data collection via hospitality, education and sales presentations to winery and hotel guests. Working in partnership with co-workers and management to develop memorable guest experiences and meet or exceed individual sales revenue and membership goals.
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following:
- Highly motivated sales individuals who thrive by providing wine knowledge to guests and are able to convert the guest into a Wine Club member
- Provide a superior customer experience and service while providing guests with knowledge on the unique qualities of our wines and how they differ from other wines in Napa County and beyond
- Be a team player, working with other sales associates to reach daily, weekly and monthly individual sales goals
- Promote and sell wines, wine club memberships and merchandise by assisting and educating guests in tasting wines and making purchasing decisions, and by modeling exemplary sales techniques for colleagues
- Must have consistent communication with the Trinitas Tasting Room Manager
- Collect name capture from 95% of all visitors to both the Caves Tasting Room and the reserve tasting room, The Library
- Out-bound Sales support by calling customers for sales or updated information on their account if necessary
- Work at winery events when necessary
- Maintain up to date knowledge on wines and changes in all SOP procedures
- Working both behind the bar in the tasting room, as well as, in small or large private groups and on special tours and tastings
- Possess thorough knowledge of equipment in your department
- Accurately provide and document all pertinent information regarding customer inquires, billing, shipping, pricing, event information, and job related functions
- Process shipping orders, invoicing, and customer database
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Open & close the tasting room
- Count and do inventory in the tasting room when needed
- Ability to be flexible to take on additional hours if needed in the tasting room and change schedules to cover shifts when needed
- Self motivated with the ability to proactively address issues with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and basic internet skills & Register POS System
- Use 10/5 Rule: Make Eye Contact within 10 feet, Smile within 5 feet, Greet upon contact
- Demonstrate teamwork responsiveness when asked to do any task consistent with winery standards
- Achieving and maintaining quality presentation in all public and back of the house areas at all times
- Ensure safety and security throughout the hotel/winery
- Be professional and hospitable to all guests and employees